Costa Mesa - Sales and Design Associate
The Sales and Design Associate position develops, maintains and interacts primarily with foot traffic as well as utilizing the phone and other forms of electronic communication to a broad scope of new and existing customers within the market to increase sales of products and/or services. Develops sales strategies designed to demonstrate the features and benefits of the products to achieve increased sales and profitability.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Contact customers through, but not limited to, in showroom and outreach methods, phone calls, email, mailings, fax and seminars to communicate opportunities to extend initiatives with the company.
- Match programs to customer requirements, and close contracts for defined programs.
- Collaborate with marketing, support, community management, product management and account management to facilitate new programs, messages, campaigns, and offerings.
- Ensure handoffs to business management, development and support are successful, and exceed customer’s satisfaction.
- Ensure reporting and communications is frequent and bi-directional.
- Sales Generation
- Develop a client base through engaging clients that come to our showroom via website, phone or in person.
- Outreach to existing and new accounts to develop into key accounts.
- Demonstrate effective sales techniques in the areas of engagement, determining needs, overcoming objections, adding on and closing the sale.
- Achieve assigned sales targets through effective account management and targeting specific clients.
- Client Experience
- Create a welcoming and high-energy vibe that our clients feel when they walk through our doors.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the Materials Marketing product and all the custom capabilities that are offered along with third party vendors.
- Design and create projects using technical and creative skills in color and space planning.
- Create stone and tile design solutions by selling Materials Marketing products that are consistent with the client’s lifestyle and budget.
- Remain the expert on design and color trends to create current design solutions.
- Project a favorable image of the company to promote our aims and objectives and foster and enhance public recognition of all our areas of endeavor.
- Operational Excellence
- Enter all client orders in accordance with company policy and procedure.
- Follow up and communicate on all open orders to client; present creative solutions and demonstrate problem-solving skills when product delays occur.
- Read all communication and material on product or processes from corporate offices.
- Attend store meetings, participate in vendor training events, share information amongst peers and utilize the website, price book and other marketing materials available.
- Assist in training of new sales associates and sales assistants by sharing best practices, vendor specific product knowledge, etc.
- Loss prevention: practice awareness of and compliance with loss prevention and safety procedures.
- Follow company policies and procedures including attendance, personal conduct, dress code and employee discount.
- Utilize team calendar to document scheduled appointments in accordance with inside/outside showroom expectations and duties as approved by showroom manager and to ensure showroom coverage during business operating hours.
- Showroom standards
- Help maintain impeccable standards on the sales floor so that our clients can see our attention to detail in everything we do; maintain a clean workspace, backroom and restroom.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Demonstrated inside/outside sales performance
- Enthusiastic customer service skills
- Technical capacity
- Ability to work both independently and jointly
- Communication proficiency
- Teamwork orientation
- Ethical conduct
- Computer literacy
This position does not directly supervise any employees.
This job operates in a professional office and/or showroom environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computer, phone, photocopier, filing cabinet and fax machine. While performing the duties of this job, employee may occasionally attend corporate events or client meetings in other work environments such as warehouse, quarry, or construction site and should abide by all safety standards set forth by that location.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to handle or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 30 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds with aid. Specific vision abilities required by this job include hearing, close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Ability to travel is expected for this position.
Required Education and Experience
- Associates or higher degree in business management, architectural design, interior design, industrial management or related field
- 3 to 5 years of experience in stone, tile or closely related sales
- Stone and tile experience preferred.
- Experience in commission-based sales position.
- Computer skills to include MS Office and POS systems.
- Ability to change and adapt to a fast-moving business environment…technological changes and product advancements require an open mind and flexibility to be successful.
- Ability to lift and/or move up to 40 lbs.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and provide own transportation to and from work location, client meetings, etc.
- Must be able to work evenings and weekends as needed or required.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
Materials Marketing is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Materials Marketing is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Materials Marketing are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Materials Marketing will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.”
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of all activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Important Update: The Company has adopted a mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy. All employees of the company are expected to be vaccinated unless subject to potential exemption for medical, including pregnancy, or sincerely held religious belief.